The unofficial blog for: Introduction to Architecture, ARCH 120, Fall 2008 Johnson County Community College Business and Technology Division Architecture Program

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Maya Lin


Among all the projects of Architects we saw on Monday, I am the most impressed by Maya Lin. I like the fact that she intends to create art pieces which are also useful, playful, and people can actually apply on it. Moreover, the “Ecliptic” ice rink is very beautiful, and outstanding. With the ice rink she also pointed out the idea that people can enjoy and play with a piece of art. What I inspire the most is her being artist and architect because I always think architects are artists who use their idea of art in designing building or other living material more than creating something just to look at it. I love art and I respect artists. I always wanted to be an artist, but I choose to be an architect because I like the idea of doing something useful with the idea of art. She proofs that architect can also be an artist. That why I inspire her the most.

No comments: