The unofficial blog for: Introduction to Architecture, ARCH 120, Fall 2008 Johnson County Community College Business and Technology Division Architecture Program

Monday, September 8, 2008

To be or not to be...Architect?

I can't say that I was especially shocked by any of the information contained in the first two chapters of Architect?. In fact I found the information to be quite informative and refreshingly blunt. While chapter two was slightly negative it also broke down some of the harsh realities that many architectural students and graduates have probably endured. I would rather be told the whole picture, not just what I might like to hear. I did find the suggestion that some architects must become fairly acquainted with legal matters interesting.

On the more positive side, in chapter one I found many character attributes that I possess. I also saw traits that I could probably use some work on. It was kinda of funny that the author mentions the fact that many working architects feel underpaid. Who doesn't? But as was noted in the last session of class, pay often times can equal effort.

No comments: